An autoresponder is a computer application that automatically responds to email sent to it. It may as simple as saying, “thank you for your email, I will get back to you soon” or something more complex such as a marketing autoresponder series. Autoresponder series is simply another fancy term for automated pre-written emails that are sent to a subscriber in sequential form. They are widely used in email marketing, an vital component of any meaningful online marketing strategy. One of the first questions by anyone starting out in online marketing is, “which are the best autoresponder services?”
This is an important question that this article seeks to answer.
But, first, let us look at the advantages of email marketing and why any serious online marketer should invest in it.
Reach your goals faster with time tracking and work management.
Benefits of Email Marketing
Email marketing is going to continue to be an integral part of successful online marketing for a long time to come. The following are some of the benefits of email marketing.
- Low-cost – compared to traditional marketing channels, email marketing is low cost. No postage fees, TV or magazine ads. You only incur a small overhead for mass emailing.
- Target fans of your brand – higher conversions since you only target people who have opted to receive marketing communication from your business.
- Segmentation – it is easy to arrange for emails to be delivered to a certain gender, income group, people that live in a specific area or any other demographic that you choose. This isn’t possible with traditional marketing channels.
- Calls to action – email marketing allows you to take advantage of impulse buying. Few other marketing platforms allow customers to move from seeing an offer to making an instant purchase in a few short clicks.
- Easy to create – the best autoresponder services are very easy to use. You don’t need any technical skills and provided you already have the email content, you can put together a great campaign complete with videos, logos and images.
- Easy analytics – the best autoresponder services also offer great and easy to read analytics. These let you know how your campaign is doing and track your conversions rates. The benefits of this is that you can take any corrective action early enough and keep your marketing plan on the right path to success.
- Easy to share – subscriber can easily share brilliant deals and offers with their friends with a simple click or tap. This is a feature that wasn’t possible with traditional marketing. You automatically turn your subscribers into brand evangelists.
- Worldwide – email marketing allows you to target a worldwide audience. And, unlike social media, you can tell who actually read your content.
- Instant coffee – due to the immediate nature of email, you can start tracking results within minutes of sending out an email. Thus, you can make use of 24 hour campaigns where subscribers are urged to act immediately in order to take advantage of an offer.
- Return on investment – there is no arguing with this one. When compared to other marketing channels, email marketing offers the best return on investment.
When you take all the benefits of email marketing into consideration, perhaps it is time you started taking this marketing channel seriously.
The following are some the best autoresponder services to help you launch and successfully run an email marketing campaign.
This is considered by many email marketers as the best autoresponder system. It is also one of the oldest. You won’t get a free trial but you only pay $1 for the first month and $19 per month after that. Today, it is used by over 100,000 small, medium and large businesses. Aweber boasts of a deliverability rate of 99%.
It comes with over 700 email templates and over 3,000 free stock images to help you create stunning, visual emails. Its analytics and tracking features are among the best in the industry. In case you need help, live support is on hand via chat, phone or email.
Next in line is MailChimp. Over2 million people use this autoresponder which has a a free option that allows you to send 12,000 emails to 2,000 subscribers for free. There is no contract and you don’t require a credit card for the free package. But, to get the full features, you will have to invest in one of the paid packages which start at $10 per month for 500 subscribers.
The support is also excellent which is something that many autoresponder services don’t do well.
Another great autoresponder service used by over half a million people world-wide is Constant Contact. It has a very good deliverability rate and all the essential features of an autoresponder. It’s free for the first 2 months with access to all the features. This is enough time to decide if it is a right for you or not.
Constant content charges you $15 for 500 subscribers and this increases as your list grows. If your list goes up to 25,000 subscribers then you will have fork out around $150 per month. It’s deliverability and support is also quite good and you can easily import existing addresses from Microsoft Outlook/Outlook Express.
Get Response is also one of the best autoresponder systems available today with a 30 day free trial period. It has been around since 2000 and has a 99% deliverability rate. Their support over phone and email is excellent and the user interface is one of the easiest you will find around especially for complete email marketing novices. Get Response is used by over 220,000 customers worldwide.
It costs $15 for 1000 and for 10,001 to 25,000 subscribers you have to fork out $130 per month.
InfusionSoft is the tool of choice for serious email marketers. If you run a six figure online business or have a list larger than 50,000 subscribers, this is definitely the tool for you. InfusionSoft combines a shopping cart with email marketing, so you can carry out complex things like segregate your buyers from subscribers or email specific series sequences to specific subscribers. It is also possible to send physical postcards using InfusionSoft.
It doesn’t come cheap, though. The monthly subscription runs into the hundreds, and the setup fee is four figures. Infusion Soft is geared towards businesses that are already successful and require powerful solutions to move to the next level. It isn’t a product for startups.
Outsource Writing of an Autoresponder Series
While these five of the best autoresponder services will help you run an email marketing campaign, it is assumed that you have the email marketing content or series to begin with. If you don’t, then you have two options; write it yourself of hire a copywriter to do it for you.
If you aren’t a writer or simply don’t have the time, then you have no option but to go with the latter option.
So, where do you start?
You can hire a writer at one of the numerous online marketplaces – many businesses are already doing this with mixed results. The problem with online marketplaces is that you can never really be assured of a high quality final product that will generate leads that convert. Also, you need to set aside time to peruse through proposals and identify a good match. This isn’t easy and you could end up spending valuable hours just going through applications.
So, what’s the alternative?
The best way to outsource writing of an autoresponder series is to use a content marketing agency. Hubstaff’s email marketing specialists are on hand to create a compelling autoresponder series that delivers thousands of customers.
We only work with the best writers that are experts in their field.
What’s more, by using our content marketing service, you get to use our time tracking application which lets you see exactly what the writer is working on in real time.
We have copywriters on staff with experience across a wide range of industries. We’ve written email campaigns for start-ups, hospitals, real estate agents, dentists, tax professionals and many more.
Are you ready to see what we can do? Simply request a content marketing package or email us and we will get back to you.