The mobile workforce phenomenon is on the rise. According to a new forecast from International Data Corporation (IDC), the U.S. mobile worker population will grow at a steady rate over the next five years, increasing from 96.2 million in 2015 to 105.4 million mobile workers in 2020. By the end of the forecast period, IDC expects mobile workers will account for nearly three quarters (72.3%) of the total U.S. workforce.Track time on-the-go with these 4 time tracking apps with GPS Click To Tweet
Looking at those trends, it is evident that companies would not only want to track their employees’ work time alone but also want to know the location of their field workers and time spent on each of those locations, thus allowing them to get a better picture of their workforce overall.
Following are the four best Time Tracking with GPS iPhone apps which do exactly that and perhaps even some more:
Hubstaff’s time tracking iOS app with GPS location tracking capability allows your team to track their time when they’re on the road or out of the office. The app offers accurate time tracking with automatic payroll. Hubstaff being a multi-platform solution, its also web-based and compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux devices. Hubstaff runs in the background while using minimal battery power so you can continue doing other things on the phone. With the Hubstaff app, you get a real-time, bird’s eye view of your workforce.
- Accurate: Time tracking is accurate down to the second so you have 100% accuracy.
- Budgets: Control over-spend within your projects with weekly budgets.
- Payroll: Take the hassle out of payroll with our flexible payroll system. Choose a rate (hourly or fixed), pay period and method of payment and let the rest happen automatically.
- Powerful Integrations: Integrates with over 30 other products (and growing) including Quickbooks and Basecamp.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later
Size: 8.8 MB
Enable Time Tracking & GPS for your workforce
Hubstaff is Free for 14 Days
Replicon Mobile Timesheet app helps users to track time and expense-related information quickly from anywhere when they’re on-the-go. The Replicon Mobile app integrates seamlessly with it’s own cloud-based time tracking and expense management solution.
- Time tracking on-the-go: Get easy access to timesheets anytime, anywhere and quickly enter time.
- Seamless access to project data: Time data gets automatically allocated to the projects and helps you stay on top of the project status.
- Time off management: End users can easily submit their time off requests after choosing the desired time off type.
- Streamlined approvals: Supervisors can quickly view employee hours and approve their timesheets, time off, and expenses of their teams.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later
Size: 53.5 MB
TSheets app makes it easy to track clocking in and out employees, changing job codes, and performing other time tracking and management actions on-the-go. It is packed with robust background synchronization technology and enhanced GPS functionality.
- Payroll, accounting, invoicing integration.
- Employees can clock in and out, change job codes, and add notes on the go.
- Powerful, real-time reports in multiple formats (PDF, CSV, online, HTML).
- On-the-clock GPS tracking, even when employees are out-of-service.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later
Size: 6.3 MB
HoursTracker app is a good fit for Time tracking freelance and hourly workers. You can easily record time using timers, complete with support for Breaks and Pauses. It also allows for many customization across it’s features. It has a web-based reporting system that includes charts, graphs, desktop exports and rolling backups available with optional subscription plans.
- Built-in reports by Day, Week, and Month and support for most common pay period schedules.
- Set job locations and get clock in and out reminders when you arrive or leave or fully automate your time tracking (Geo-Fencing).
- Track your pay, including Tips, Mileage, and flexible ± time and earnings adjustments.
- Manually enter time entries with minimal effort due to smart, adaptive defaults.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later
Size: 5.6 MB
What are your favorite apps for time tracking with GPS features?
The apps above reflect our favorites, but please let us know if we’ve missed an awesome one. Have you or do you use any of the apps we covered? Tell us about your experience in the comments below.