The wait is over. The results of Hubstaff’s first State of Productivity and Management Report 2018 are in. Prepare yourself for some productivity-filled insight.
About the report
For many organizations, the quest for higher profits and increased revenue has meant investing in greater efficiencies and productivity.
In 2018, the quest remains the same. But the business and technology landscape continues to change. Organizations are constantly having to adapt. As a result, they often end up asking questions like:
- Are we running at peak performance?
- What strategies do we have in place to support productivity?
- How does increased productivity drive business growth for us?
To answer these questions, and help organizations adapt better we undertook to study the current state of productivity and management.
Want to hear what they have to say about the State of Productivity and Management in 2018?
In the State of Productivity and Management Report 2018, we examine the challenge businesses face as they aim to achieve productivity and grow. We also look at what is currently being done to ensure productivity and how it impacts hiring trends.
Reach your goals faster with time tracking and work management.
Your exclusive sneak peek at the findings
1. Current management and productivity challenges
What are the biggest challenges your organization faces in reaching peak productivity?
- Problems and challenges are also compounded by poor communication, lack of visibility and organizational culture.
- Most organizations would rate themselves as being moderately to very productive given the definition of peak productivity in the survey.
- Most organizations rate themselves as being moderately successful to quite successful in keeping employees engaged.
2. How often productivity is measured in 2018
- Financial metrics are the most popular way of determining savings or revenue gains as a result of productivity tools and processes.
- Most organizations do not measure the cost of low productivity and low employee engagement and so may be missing out on potential insights and gains to be had.
- Existing measures like time tracking, surveys and sales can help with identifying areas of low productivity but do not provide enough information to diagnose issues.
3. How hiring and retention trends support productivity
- Reaching a wide, international audience is important to organizations trying to find the best candidates.
- Open communication and feedback also plays a critical role in productive organizations.
- Hiring the right, motivated individuals and retaining them enhances productivity in organizations.
4. Does increasing productivity positively impact business growth? And if so, how?
- Growth for most organizations is seen as an increase in the number of customers and revenue. It is also associated with gains in brand awareness and authority in an industry.
- Having a documented business growth strategy that is accessible to relevant team members is important for business growth.
- 74.8% of organizations surveyed will increase use of productivity processes and tools over the next year